- Security & Authentication
- System & Performance
- Profiles - Datasources - Filters - Lists
- Users - Collections - Service Accounts
- Data Management & Processing
- Release Notes
Profile Templates let you apply custom default settings to new Profiles.
When you create a new Profile, the config settings from the selected Profile Template are used to automatically populate the new Profile's config settings.
Profile Templates are created & edited in Global - Profile Templates. Existing Profile Templates are shown on the first screen of the New Profile Wizard.
Available tabs in a Profile Template are:
Only Global Admins (GAs) can create & edit Profile Templates. Both GAs and Collection Managers (CMs) can use Profile Templates when creating a new Profile.
Profile Templates are not linked to a Collection: you assign the Collection when you create a Profile.
Neither Datasources nor Filters are available in Profile Templates, since both Objects are linked to Collections.
To create multiple Profiles that use the same Datasources & Filters:
- identify an existing Profile that contains the correct settings, Datasources, Filters, etc.
- use the Copy button to create additional Profiles with the same settings