- Security & Authentication
- System & Performance
- Profiles - Datasources - Filters - Lists
- Users - Collections - Service Accounts
- Data Management & Processing
- Release Notes
How to Use Angelfish in Your Organization
Your organization uses a bunch of websites and web-based applications, both internal and external.
For each of these websites and web applications, Angelfish can help you:
- Measure Usage
- Identify Problems
- Satisfy Regulations
- Analyze Costs
Angelfish is a flexible solution that has many uses. For example:
- Visitors who block JS-based tracking aren't shown in web analytics reports that rely on JS.
- See all Visitors in Angelfish Profiles that use a Log-based Tracking Method.
Maintain Data Sovereignty
- Angelfish is self-hosted software: install Angelfish wherever you want.
- The data Angelfish stores remains on your server unless you send it elsewhere.
Alleviate Regulatory Requirements: GDPR, CCPA, SCHREMS II, etc.
- Angelfish is self-hosted software - your data remains in your environment.
- Many data privacy regulations don't apply to self-hosted software.
- Data deletion requests are quickly & easily handled
Identify Ways to Reduce Costs
- Each of your internal & external websites and web applications has a cost.
- The Usage Costs reports help you identify opportunities for training or cost savings
- "Dear Supervisor: I figured out how we can reduce our annual software expenses by $225K"
Export Data to Visualization Tools
- Angelfish has a robust API that can export data to your BI tool of choice.
- Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView, Excel, and more
Client / Network Device Audits
- See which devices access sites on your network, including mobile devices.
- Cross-device tracking is natively supported in USR
- Angelfish measures usage of your websites & web applications, both internal and external.
Digital Forensic Analysis
- Process historical logs from any website or web application
- See who accessed which file, from which location, and when.
Resolve Site Errors
- Proactively fix Broken Links
- See server & file errors that go unreported by end users
There are many ways to use Angelfish. Whichever ways you choose, the most crucial thing you can do to ensure success is to:
Establish an Angelfish Admin Team
Angelfish is a self-hosted software package. To have a successful Angelfish implementation, you should have an Admin Team, i.e. a group of people that "own" the application.
An Angelfish Admin Team consists of:
- One or more Global Admins to manage the technical aspects
- One or more Collection Managers to manage the reports (Profiles)
Small environments (fewer than 10 Profiles) can operate successfully with an Admin Team of one or two Global Admins.
In larger environments, Collection Managers are key. You'll want at least one Collection Manager for each Collection.
The best candidates for Collection Managers are business users who have ownership in the websites & web applications tracked by Angelfish.
Help Article: Admin Essentials
Help Article: Collection Managers
Please send us your questions in a new support ticket.
If you'd like to interact with an Angelfish expert, our consulting team can assist with
- data export & dashboard integration
- custom development
- any Angelfish-related project